Frequently Asked Questions:
Click the + next to each item to reveal more:
What do you have to offer that any other printers can’t?
- We have over 50 years of experience in the printing industry. We represent many of the most technologically advanced manufacturers in the country. Our production capabilities are unlimited, from a simple business card or envelope to a multi-page, full color magazine, or a scratch and sniff label.
- We take care of the whole process for you – We get a minimum of 3 bids, we have it produced at the printer who is going to do the best job in the most cost effective way, and we invoice you for the finished project.
What type of artwork is required for a new printing job?
If you will be providing us with print-ready artwork, we recommend saving as a PDF file. You may also send the file in the following types: JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, EPS, and PNG. We prefer that you send PDF with embedded or outlined fonts. PDF files are easier to handle and will likely speed up your turn-around. Remember to flatten your files before uploading.
The format should be at least 350dpi.
If there are bleeds the bleeds must extend past the cut-line and will be trimmed from the product during the final cutting phase. When the image is required to extend all the way to the edge, bleed is needed to preserve the finished look and the quality of the final product.
Please keep the text at least .125” inside the cut-line.
The bleed for standard products is .125”. The bleed for Booklets and Presentation Folders is .25”.
If the job will be printing 4-color, all colors need to be converted to CMYK format. If the job will be printed using PMS color match, the artwork must be color separated.
Why should I convert my text to outlines?
Converting your text to outlines is the most effective way to ensure your typefaces look exactly as you designed them. Once text has been converted to outlines, it can no longer be typeset like standard text layers, so be sure to save your source files accordingly.
What if I found a mistake in the artwork?
As a customer, you are responsible for the accuracy of your artwork. You are encouraged to carefully inspect the positioning, copy, and design elements in your art files before submitting them to us.
If we create the artwork for you, we will get your approval to print before it is produced.
Ordering a PDF or Hard Copy Proof affords you the opportunity to check for errors you wish to correct in your files prior to production.
If you have approved a file or wish to make changes once a job has started into production it may not be able to be canceled. If it can be cancelled you will be charged a cancellation fee.
What if I don’t have artwork?
If you do not have artwork to provide, we can have that created for you and will provide you with an estimate on the cost before the project begins.
What is the normal turn-a-round time on orders?
Processing and shipment of custom orders will vary depending on the type of printing project. On average the turn-a-round time is 7 – 10 working days.
How is the freight determined on our shipped product?
The freight will be added to your bill when your product ships to your designated shipping address.
How will the product ship?
- Our standard shipping method for most orders is UPS.
- At your request we will ship via Fed-X, UPS next day air or express mail.
- Larger orders will ship via common carrier.
- Printers Alliance Delivery Service.
- Our selected carriers do not generally ship to PO Box addresses. Economy shipping, if available, will ship to a PO Box.
What types of payment terms are available?
- For new customers we may require a deposit before your project begins. We expect payment on delivery of merchandise and accept Company Checks, Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- For our clients that wish to be approved for credit, our terms are Net 30 days.
When will I be billed for my printing project?
- If paying by credit card, your account will be charged when the product is ready to ship, along with the appropriate shipping charges, if any are incurred.
- If we are invoicing you with terms, you will be billed on the date the product ships.
Do you guarantee that I will be satisfied with the product produced?
100% – When your product arrives, please inspect it immediately. If we have made an error, please contact us. We will be happy to correct the mistake, rush the re-print and re-ship it to you at our expense. If you are dissatisfied with any order, please let us know why.
What is your address?
- EFI Printers Alliance
- PO Box 5859
- Eugene, OR 97405
- 447 Herondo Ave. #204
- Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
- (800) 460-3184
If you have a question not answered above, just reach out via our contact form.